Friday, April 8, 2011

Daily Commute

Time: 48:16

Distance: 10.947 miles

Average Speed: 13.6 mph

Max Speed: 32.6 mph

Calories Burned: 371.5

Fat Burned: 41.8 g

Took a long way home. Not included in this is my side trip to Bikesmiths to buy a new water bottle. Also, I think I had moved my little computer reader thing so it was reading a little weird at first, reading 0 mph even though my wheel was spinning or jumping between 7-10 to 18-21 mph. I also went through Bryan Park today. Lots of baseball games going on and tons of kids on the playgrounds and cookouts at the shelters getting started. It's a really nice day to be out.

I tried to go the Community Orchard route, but had to make a couple of U turns, including one terrible "scenic route" on Walnut Street Pike. I turned right when I should have turned left, which made me ride on one of the more trafficky roads on the route for way longer than I wanted to. Plus it's sort of hilly. Bad combination. I generally feel much better riding in traffic with someone else. But I think I managed pretty well. Although I wish I had a better sense of direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment