Sunday, April 10, 2011

BBC Nice and Easy Ride

Time: 1:28:49

Distance: 18.136 miles

Average Speed: 12.2 mph

Max Speed: 31.8 mph

Calories Burned: 596.5

Fat Burned: 62.6 g

Did my first ride with the Bloomington Bicycle Club today. The Sunday Nice and Easy ride called Tramway. Here is a link to the map. These numbers are just from Bryan Park and then to my house (I left along the route, since it was so close and I didn't feel like doubling back). So add another 4.5 miles or so from my house to Bryan Park for total distance ridden today.

It's pretty toasty today (80*F) and windy (SSW at 25 to 30 mph). It made for a difficult ride out, but an easy ride back in. That hill on Victor Pike was certainly easier than the last time I did it!

The BBC is a nice group of riders and I think I'll do some more rides with them. I find it a little difficult to ride in a group right now, having never done it before, but I'm sure I will learn a lot from them and spend less time being lost. So I'm excited about that. I will definitely be sticking to the Nice and Easy rides for now though!

Not so awesome things to note... I have some awesome (note the sarcasm) tan lines from the 50ish miles I've done since Friday. I think I have to invest in some shorter shorts (with better chamois!) and some tank top or sleeveless jerseys. Also, my hands are killing me. I don't know if it's strictly from such bumpy roads yesterday or because my hands got sweaty and rubbed my brake hoods or a combination of those and other effects, but I'm not sure how to remedy that.

However, I still feel awesome and am excited about attempting to become a cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment