Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BBC OWLS ride

Time: 1:51:16

Distance: 27.422 miles (+ 3.6 miles)

Average Speed: 14.7 mph (group ride 15.8 mph)

Max Speed: 31.6 mph

Calories Burned: 991.7

Fat Burned: 115.3

Rode with my friends, the OWLS. Today we rode the Down Nehrt route.

Couple of good hills on this route, but I felt like there was lots of downhills today. The pace was fast (15.8 mph before I split off from the group to ride through the death trap campus to go home. Also tons of people on the Clear Creek Trail really slowed me down. And all those stoplights. Riding for real makes commuting seem so slow. :D) I didn't really like riding on SR45 with rush hour traffic though. I find that nerve wracking. I actually ended up passing almost everyone when it was clear and just doing my own thing until we turned off. I don't like not being able to see in front of me. Drafting is nice sometimes, but I generally find it annoying if I'm not tired.

I'm still considering riding with the FOWLS. Is it better to be a faster OWL or a hang-on-for-dear-life FOWL? Although CycleFit is starting soon and the days are definitely getting shorter. Oh, summer, I hardly knew ye.

And for the record, Mint Chocolate Gu = pretty good. Definitely top three. Reminds me of how awesome Andes were on the MRT trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment