Thursday, September 1, 2011

Run Report

I decided to be lazy yesterday, so I had to get up and run this morning. I've been having trouble getting to sleep running in the evening (too jazzed to sleep!) and I don't like to eat before I run and eating dinner after 9:00 isn't super exciting either, so I had been wanting to rearrange my schedule anyway. So this morning I got up early and came to campus to run 3.5 miles and shower at the HPER before work.

The best laid plans of mice and men...

I'm seriously in danger of becoming one of those old people that sit on the porch and shake my cane at whippersnappers while yelling "Get off my lawn, you kids!" I had mapped out a 1.8 mile loop and was going to run it twice. However, there were so many undergrads. I don't know where so many of them were going at 7:30 in the morning, but it made running more difficult than I wanted it to be. I only ran one loop (18 minutes). However, I did notice the Woodlawn track with no one on it. I might have to check that out. I just can't bring myself to run on the treadmill when I could be running outside. It's so boring; I get distracted and almost fall off like every time. Besides, pretty much all running events are outside and I should try to run in a similar environment to how I want to "race."

No comments:

Post a Comment