Monday, October 3, 2011

Swim Report

Swimming is hard work.

I have been having a hard time sleeping lately. I'm just so jazzed up! I don't know if it's the awesome weather (seriously, where is it fall all the time so I can move there ASAP?) or the pumpkin goodness or if I'm drinking too much coffee, but I keep waking up at all hours of the night ready to go! So getting up early this morning to hit the pool was not so hard for me. Seth, however, was a little pokey this morning. So we still got here later than intended and I had about 25 minutes in the pool.

I saw Laurence (of kick my butt and leave me in the dust at the Popcorn Road Ride fame) in the locker room. She was heading out as I was heading in. She told me I was getting a late start and that I should convince Seth to swim with me. I told her it was hard enough to convince him to get out of bed at 6 AM. :)

Anyway, I swam for about 20 minutes. I did 10 laps for a total of 500 meters (or yards? I'm not sure how the HPER pool is measured). It takes me about a minute to do one lap and I rested for 30 seconds between laps. Much like when I first started running, I did well for the first 4 laps, but was pretty tired on laps 5-8. Laps 9 and 10 I picked it back up since I was close to the finish. I need to learn to do that fancy flip turn without drinking half the pool. I'm scared to do it and look like a dummy or run into the wall or something. I really think I should do the swimming lessons. I make it from one end of the pool to the other, but I have no idea if the lifeguard is secretly making fun of me for flailing around like a fish out of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment