Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Run Report

Man, I'm awesome!

I was in the mood to work hard this morning. I guess I was making up for the shortened long run on Sunday. Also, I was excited about my new compression shorts.

I ran on the Woodlawn Track this morning. I did 3.09 miles in 32:10 for an average pace of 10:24 min/mile!

I decided to do some mini interval training. I warmed up for about a mile and a half and then ran the long length of the track (about 1/10th of a mile) as hard as I could three times (running normal pace the other three quarters of the track). It was tough, but felt so good! Here's a breakdown from my Garmin:

Mile 1 (warmup): 10:41 min/mile
Mile 2: 10:14 with a 6:40 max!
Mile 3: 10:34
Mile 3.1: 7:40

Turns out I can go fast! Just for very brief periods! But I'm hoping to incorporate more interval training and hopefully start getting faster overall. I'm hoping to break 30 minutes in my next 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment