Thursday, January 26, 2012

CycleFit

Well that was depressing.

I'm unfortunately not taking Judy's class for Series I due to swim lessons and not wanting to do CycleFit on NROLFW days. So I'm taking Kathy's class on Tuesdays and Jared's class on Thursdays. To be completely honest, I really don't like Kathy's class and won't sign up for it again, but I do like Jared's class. I think it helps me to have an energetic instructor. Although Jared may be borderline too peppy...

Anyway, today was Power Challenge day. I normally love power challenges! Jared's Power Challenge, I'm pretty sure, is one of the rings of Hell. Judy's Power Challenges are four minutes in length, working at your 100% effort. Jared's are NINE AND A HALF minutes long. I sort of wanted to puke at the end of the first one. And then I had to do it again.

So, I did all that work, and then, the depressing part. My average power output was 170 Watts. Last time I did this challenge, it was 215 W. Granted, that was a long time ago and I know I've slacked off some, but ouch. That's only slightly better than where I was this time last year. You know, when I first started taking CycleFit. Ouch.

However, I know that really my average power output lately has been about 185 W. So I think I'm going to try to push and keep that as my 100% level.

I think part of my problem lately is that I just don't drink enough water. I always mean to, but I'm just never really thirsty. I've always been that way. But I think as I work out more, it matters more, and I need to make a conscious effort to drink more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment