Friday, November 4, 2011

Taper crazies

Okay, maybe taper week is driving me crazy and I just didn't know it!

I jumped awake at 4:17 this morning in a panic. I had dreamed that I was late to the half marathon tomorrow, but they still let me start when I finally got there. I proceeded to run at what I thought was my normal pace (of course I forgot my dream Garmin in my haste to make it to the start line), but when I got to the half-way-ish point there were weird loop-da-loops and turnaround things. Actually they really seemed to resemble some stem loop structures from last week's lab meeting. Anyway, one of these loopy things you had to do twice, and somehow I got all confused and thought I was lost (or maybe I was lost, I don't know, it was a weird dream), and then finally I hit the 6 mile mark and there was a race clock that said it had taken me two hours to get there! I woke up at this point all crazy because I thought it was Saturday and I was actually late for the half. Luckily Seth informed me that it was still Friday and that I was crazy and should go back to sleep. But I was all jazzed up and had trouble calming down. I still felt confused and not 100% certain it wasn't Saturday.

Hopefully tomorrow will go much smoother than my crazy dream race.

No comments:

Post a Comment