Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daily Commute

Time: 23:42

Distance: 4.380 miles

Average Speed: 11.0 mph

Max Speed: 22.5 mph

Calories Burned: 144.8

Fat Burned: 14.3 g

My goal was to start commuting in March. First day of March... so far, so good.

You maybe noticed I took a shortcut today. I went to a deep water exercise class after work (I joined the gym... I'm getting the most of it!) with a friend and it was a little darker than I really hoped for after we got toweled off and whatnot. However, this shortcut has a monster hill that so far I've tried to do a couple times and ended up on the sidewalk pushing my bike and just hoping to keep breathing. I figured an extra 2.5 miles was worth it not to go up this hill. Plus, it's right by a school and there's typically more traffic on it than I really like.

Today I decided to try the hill. And... I MADE IT!!!

Break out the Hallelujah chorus. I'm like a real cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment