Monday, March 21, 2011

CycleFit and Commute

Time: 48:23

Distance: 9.410 miles

Average Speed: 11.6 mph

Max Speed: 22.7 mph

Calories Burned: 300.1

Fat Burned: 30.1 g

CycleFit Calories Burned: 338 kJ

First commute on my new ride! Not too bad since it was after my 45 min CycleFit class and I'm recovering from a nasty head/chest cold thing. I was easily riding 16-17 mph through town, but the gravel really takes it out of me and I never like to go too crazy on the B Line trail when there are people and dogs around. You just never know when one of those kids is going to jut in front of you. They are so cute on their little bikes though. And I feel like a role model because I always wear my helmet. They probably don't even notice, but I like to tell myself that they do. Although, I may look into alternate (longer?!?!) routes home that don't utilize the B Line trail so I can work on my road riding. I'm not quite comfortable riding with traffic. Not hard to imagine since one of them almost ran over me in the bike lane today.

Anyway, I'm exhausted, but pumped at how much better I've gotten at this. I'm seriously in love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment