Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sloooooooow Run

I'm not sure if I was running or swimming this morning. Last night's storms made the humidity INSANE this morning. Also, they made IU close the track. So hilly humidity running it was!

I worked out a running plan (I'm still working on the biking part. Feels weird to plan biking since I like it so much and never really thought of it as working out...) which called for 3 miles this morning. I missed a turn and ran 4. Which I swear was all uphill. I'm not ashamed to admit I walked up a couple of them. I think I ended up averaging around a 12 min/mile. But since I melt in humidity and had a jager bomb for dinner last night, I'm not going to beat myself up over that.

In other news, I have been using myfitnesspal to track what I eat again. I really like this site, especially now that I can use the app on my iPhone. I have a love/hate relationship with calorie counting, but it works. I keep meaning to write a personal post about this and other various things (like why I basically sat on my couch for two months), but I just haven't sat down to do it yet. Anyway, the point of all this is that this week I've been getting the right number of calories, but have fallen short of the recommended carbs everyday (I usually go over in protein, which still surprises me). So even though I'm being mindful of what I eat and am trying to make good choices, I may be shortchanging myself some energy in the form of carbs and that could be why I am feeling slow lately. Although, I'm just going to keep an eye on this and not make a lot of drastic changes, because it could be due to many things (not being in as good a shape as I was a few months ago, jager bombs, heat, humidity, forgetting my headphones so I have no music, it's all in my head, etc, etc).

Also, I saw two more brains on my swim run this morning.

1 comment:

  1. If u wanted a exercise, u should feel it. U should make sure burn ur fat. 12 min for a mile? I can imagine u are walking like a snail :p

    ReplyDelete