Saturday, May 12, 2012

Recap of this week

This has been a crazy week. So you get a lot of stuff all in one post.

On Sunday I ran 4 miles at an 11:00 min/mile pace.

On Monday I ran 3 miles around campus because the track was closed. I'm seriously giving up hope on that thing. It was chilly every morning this week, which makes me go faster. I like that.

Monday night is where things start getting crazy. A friend of mine had a sleepover since her husband was out of town. Six of us stayed over and ate delicious homemade Indian food and potstickers and potato chips while sipping wine, watching Bend it like Beckham, and playing board games. We were up most of the night, but I of course still woke up at 5:00 Tuesday morning. (I just wake up at that time. I don't even need an alarm clock.) I stayed on the couch til about 5:45 then (hopefully) quietly gathered my stuff and headed to the pool for Week 3 Day 1 of my 0 to 1650 plan. I made it to the pool super early and promised myself a trip to Starbucks afterwards, but as it turns out, the website hadn't updated the summer pool hours and the pool is now only open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays until the fall semester. Boo. So I showered at the gym and went to Starbucks anyway. Which apparently also has new summer hours which include it not being open at 7:00 am when normal people want to drink coffee. So Tuesday was a bust.

Wednesday I was still exhausted from Tuesday, but I ran 2.5 miles on Thursday morning at a 9:31 min/mile pace! That's like blazing fast, and again, I think it's because it was chilly. I also ran on the sidewalk around the track, so it was mostly flat.

Yesterday I received the new wrist strap and bike mount for my Garmin that I ordered. I'm super excited about that! I don't much care for the rubbery strap that came with the Garmin. My wrist size is right between two holes and the material rubs my wrist and sort of hurts. I'm really hoping this velcro fabric one will be better. I also replaced my back tire. I noticed on my ride last weekend that the sidewall had been rubbed and it was developing a bulge. I didn't want to ride too many miles like that. And while I had the tire off, I went ahead and cleaned my cassette and chain and lubed it up good. However, once I got it all reassembled, it's having a hard time switching between certain gears. I think it's just a rear derailleur tension problem, but that's outside my realm of mechanical comfort, so I'm going to have to stop in BikeSmiths this morning. Sigh.

But I'm planning to go on my first BBC ride in a couple hours. John is leading it and it's 46 miles out to Gosport and back. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment