Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuesdays with Brett

Time: 2:37:52

Distance: 31.460 miles

Average Speed: 11.9 mph

Max Speed: 42.7 mph

Calories Burned: 1007.8

Fat Burned: 97.5 g

Yay for resuming Tuesdays with Brett! Double yay for it being Brett's first 30-miler!

Here's the route:


This is a pretty nice route. Very similar to the Memorial Day ride I did.

Great weather, lots of cows (especially the cute baby ones), and tons and tons of bunnies.

This was a leisurely ride and I'm glad for that as my knees started hurting after about 20 miles or so. I think it's aggravated, and possibly even caused by, unclipping my feet from the pedals. I have my pedals set as loose as they will go and cleaned out the gunk so they're not really going to get easier to unclip from. Of course, it could be something else entirely. This is really a learn as you go process.

I will say though that touring is awesome! The Buddhist Temple hill was like a bump and I didn't even know I was on Fire House Hill until I got to the top and saw the fire house. That's a pretty awesome feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment