Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Recovery" Ride

Time: 40:32

Distance: 9.587 miles

Average Speed: 14.1 mph

Max Speed: 30.48 mph

Calories Burned: 320.6

Fat Burned: 37.2 g

I mapped out a 20-mile loop to ride before church this morning, but about three miles in I realized I forgot my water bottle, so I took a connector street and cut out just over half of it. I guess I'll have to wait to see Lake Monroe tomorrow.

I think it's kind of good I forgot my water bottle 1.) because I got a later start than I meant to (mishap with the coffee maker) and 2.) my knees started to hurt again.

I thought my knees were feeling better, but I guess they're still not 100% after the test I put them through on the MRT tour. I think I need to play with my cleat alignment. I'm slightly worried about this as I just yesterday registered for The Goat Ride this coming weekend. I really want to be the first woman to ride all four loops for 116 miles total, but if my knees hurt too bad, I'll have to only do a couple loops.

However, the brake pads I replaced yesterday performed quite well. That is to say, I was able to stop. Yay for slowly and surely becoming a bicycle mechanic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment