Monday, July 25, 2011

Commute X2 and 5K

Today must have been "Back out your driveway in an attempt to hit a cyclist" Day. I dodged four, seriously FOUR, cars in the above mentioned scenario today. However, I did make it to work, to the SRSC, and back home in one slightly annoyed piece. The weather is still hot, but a vast improvement over last week. In the 90s, but only 65-70% humidity. Felt like spring! Also, on my way home, I got to ride through a flock of shirtless men running on the Clear Creek Trail. I love living in a college town.

In other news, I think I'm having a quarter life crisis. I have the crazy idea that I NEED to be an Iron(wo)man before I turn 30. Couch to Ironman in four years? I'm confident that I could ride my bike 112 miles. Slowly, but I could do it. And I'm fairly certain that I can train to run and swim as well. I think I'm going to do it.

Do or do not. There is no tri?

So with that line of thought, I just up and ran a 5K today. Just to see if I could and what kind of baseline I'm working with. I've never run that far in my life. But I did it in 34:43, which included walking one lap and stopping at the water fountain twice. It hurt, but I feel pretty awesome with a sub-35 time!

Maybe I'll sign up for the Lake Lemon triathlon...

No comments:

Post a Comment