Sunday, June 19, 2011

MRT - Traveling to Madison, WI

We left around 9:30 AM and drove up to Madison, Wisconsin for the night. What a lovely college town! I got to visit with my friend Alison from UNC, who is a PhD grad student in chemistry at UW. She and her boyfriend Matt showed me around and took me to this awesome place for dinner called The Old Fashioned. I had a super delicious delicious cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. We also got a cheese platter of some home-grown Wisconsin cheese. My favorite was the truffle cheese. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the van, so no pictures from today. You'll just have to believe me when I say that Madison was lovely. Also, I'm incredibly jealous of the bicycle infrastructure they have there. I only thought Bloomington was bicycle-friendly. It has nothing on Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment