Tuesday, May 10, 2011

BBC OWLS ride

First ride with the BBC OWLS (Older, Wiser, and a Little Slower). We did a slightly modified version of their Triple Creek ride.

Time: 2:23:06

Distance: 34.042 miles

Average Speed: 14.2 mph

Max Speed: 38.9 mph

Calories Burned: 1166.1

Fat Burned: 134.4 g

I loved this route. It was so pretty. Close to half of the route had a creek flowing alongside it. When there was no creek, we passed fields of wildflowers, Butler Winery, and Cascades Park. It was lovely.

However, while the OWLS are definitely a little older and a lot wiser than me, I'm pretty sure they're making the slower up! We were flying most of the ride! And by "we," I mean "they." Although again people told me that if I were on a road bike, I'd be flying past them.

So... road tires added to the wish list.

Although, I have to say my legs feel like they did when I first started CycleFit. I love it!

And next time, I'll have to leave work earlier. I got a little lost on the way to Sherwood Oaks and just made it as the last group was leaving the parking lot. I'm really glad I made it though! This ride was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment