Monday, April 23, 2012

Four Mile Run and Little 500 Results

We had the mildest March ever this year, but April is bringing Spring back to Bloomington. I ran four (FOUR!) chilly miles this morning. (Again around campus because the track was closed. And to add insult to injury, it was open when I got back. But I got in a better workout because of it, so I won't complain too much.)

I started out in my SmartWool long sleeved shirt (which I LOVE), hat, gloves, and cycling jacket. I ended in just my shirt and the vest part of my jacket. And pants, I guess. :)

Here is the link to this run. I've been using mapmyfitness on my iphone. And just learned that you cannot embed those workouts to blogger. Oh well. If you follow that link, you'll see the hills I conquered and all the places I slowed down to shed a layer.

Also, Sue Aquila, local business owner (seriously, I talk about BBC all the time) and triathlete passed me right at the end of my run. I thought about running with her to ask if she would coach me, but decided against it. 

In other local news, this weekend was Little 500 weekend. (No clue what Little 500 is? Stop reading and go watch Breaking Away.) I didn't make it to the races, but Delta Gamma won the women's race and Delta Tau Delta won the men's race breaking the Cutters' 5-year winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment