Monday, February 21, 2011

CycleFit

So I don't know why I haven't thought to blog about CycleFit class before now. Total noobness!

I take this CycleFit class on Monday nights at the SRSC with this amazing little lady named Judy. At first I really had to convince myself to go because I'd gotten into the lazy rut, but now I really look forward to it. I can tell already that I've improved a good bit and that is excellent motivation to push harder (That and the fact that my husband and I are going on a Bahamas cruise in May for our wedding anniversary which means I have to be seen in public in a bathing suit. The horror.)

Today we did some speed interval training and some jogging, which involves standing up on the machine, something I'm not super good at. But, as I said, I'm getting better.

I should start writing down my numbers for CycleFit. I do know that I burned just over 360 kJ today and hit a 108 cadence as well as a 188 W. I think these are the highest numbers I've seen to date. Although, to be honest, I don't watch the numbers constantly as I'm often just trying to keep going and breathing. Yeah, I'll try to remember a pen next week.

And finally, it's EveryBody week at the gym. There were little motivational signs up everywhere and all the mirrors in the girls' locker room had them. My favorite was the mirror covered in paper that said something about how looks aren't as important as feeling good. Oh and the one that said beauty isn't measured by size. I think every week should be EveryBody week.

No comments:

Post a Comment